Advocacy and Laws
Advocacy and Laws:
Our mental health system isn’t broken–it’s never been built. The history of our mental health movement shows that state institutions were rightly closed in the 1970s, yet the funding for community-based services never materialized through grants or public or private insurance. The positive changes that have occurred and the additional services available came about thanks to the power of people’s voices.
However, our work is not done and your voice is needed. NAMI Minnesota depends on its statewide grassroots network to create change at the state and national level. There are many ways to stay up-to-date on public policies and to know when your voice is needed.
Follow the links below to find out more about the many ways you can advocate for change:
- GET LEGISLATIVE UPDATES
- ADVOCACY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- ELECTIONS AND VOTING
- ENGAGE ELECTED OFFICIALS AND CANDIDATES
- NAMI MINNESOTA’S 2021 LEGISLATIVE GOALS
- NAMI IN THE NEWS
- CRIMINAL JUSTICE E-NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP
- WHO REPRESENTS ME?
- PARITY PORTAL, FOR REPORTING MENTAL HEALTH OR SUBSTANCE ABUSE PARITY VIOLATIONS