Wellness is defined as being in good mental and physical health as a result of focused effort. Remember that wellness is not the absence of illness or stress. You can strive for wellness even if you are experiencing these challenges in your life.
- Emotional—Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships
- Environmental—Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being
- Financial—Satisfaction with current and future financial situations
- Intellectual—Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
- Occupational—Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work
- Physical—Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep
- Social—Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system
- Spiritual—Expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life
NAMI Minnesota is excited to offer a four-part wellness workshop series that will bring employees or community members together to learn about how different areas of wellness influence mental health. These 60 minute interactive workshops will include discussion, educational resources, and more. If you are interested in requesting one workshop or the whole series contact: email@example.com
Keep in Touch, Staying Connected During COVID-19: It is human nature to want to connect with others, but that can be hard while practicing physical distancing. Join us to talk through tips on staying connected with others as we navigate COVID-19.
Positive Psychology: Positive Psychology is the scientific study of what makes life most worth living. With an approach focused on strengths instead of weaknesses, Positive Psychology will teach you new exercises to help you lead a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
Nutrition – Come join us to discuss how nutrition can impact an individual’s mental health. Gain knowledge on how what we eat not only affects out mood, but also our brain chemistry. Learn what makes a complete meal and how to eat that meal in a mindful way.
Physical Activity and Mindfulness – Get up and move with us! Come learn how physical activity can benefit your mental health. We will be doing breathing exercises and more! Learn tips and tricks that can help you incorporate mindfulness into your work and home life.
Self-care and Mindfulness – So often self-care and mindfulness takes a back seat in life. Come join us to discuss this important health topic and how it is connected to mental health. Share your successes and challenges with finding balance in your personal and work life. Learn some new techniques to help improve your self-care and receive some new resources to try out.
For more information and resources, follow the links below: