NAMI Multicultural Young Adult Advisory Board
The Multicultural Young Adult Advisory Board will assist NAMI Minnesota in providing education and outreach to build positive relationships with Minnesota’s multicultural communities. Activities include offering input on NAMI Minnesota’s outreach efforts, programs, and resources. This will include development of an anti-stigma presentation and campaign, collaborations on recommendations to bridge understanding of a bicultural approach to mental illness, as well as representing NAMI Minnesota within diverse communities.
Meetings and Commitment:
- Serve a 1 year term (August – July)
- Attend monthly committee meetings
- Attend networking events within diverse communities
- Actively and positively represent NAMI Minnesota within the community.
- Young adults between the ages of 18 -35 who are passionate about actively serving the multicultural population of Minnesota.
- Passion, commitment or desire to understand current issues regarding mental health and social justice
- Person with lived experience of mental health condition or a family member
Board members will benefit by gaining experience volunteering for a nonprofit, and will receive mental health psychoeducation and peer -support training. Members will assist in developing and piloting public awareness presentations, and will be able to attend NAMI Minnesota’s state mental health conference, research dinner and annual mental health walk.
If you are interested in becoming a Multicultural Young Adult Board member please send an email expressing your interest to: email@example.com, attn: Cynthia Fashaw.