QPR – Suicide Prevention Classes Offered
NAMI Minnesota offers a free suicide prevention class once each month at lunchtime and another in the evening at its office in St. Paul. The class is called QPR, which stands for Question, Persuade and Refer.
Learn the three steps anyone can take to help prevent suicide. Just like CPR, QPR is an emergency response to someone in crisis and can save lives. QPR is the most widely taught gatekeeper training program in the United States, and more than one million adults have been trained in classroom settings in 48 states.
This one-hour class is for members of the community over the age of 16 who want to learn best practices in suicide prevention.
NAMI also offers many other free QPR classes in various locations throughout the state, and arranges the classes for interested businesses and organizations.
To find out when the classes are available see “classes” at namimn.org, or call 651-645-2948 to arrange a presentation. QPR’s are currently scheduled in:
- St. Paul, (click), Tuesday, October 16, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- St. Bonifacius (click), Thursday, November 1, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- White Bear Lake (click), Tuesday, November 13, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- St. Paul (click), Wednesday, November 14, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- St. Paul (click), Monday, December 3, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- St. Paul (click), Thursday, December 13, 12:00–1:00 p.m.