2019 NAMI Minnesota State Conference
NAMI’s 2019 State Conference “Advancing Equity” will be held at the St. Paul RiverCentre on Saturday, Nov. 2. The keynote speaker will be Amit Sood, Professor of Medicine at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, and Chair of the Mayo Mind Body Initiative. His topic will be “The Resilient Option.” Find more details and registration, here.
- MnCHOICES: The first step toward waiver access – Sarah Jones, MSW, LGSW; additional presenters to be announced
- What to do when your child has test anxiety – Kate Bartlein
- Trauma-informed parenting – Barb Clark
- School-Linked Mental Health – Mark Sander, PsyD, LP; Lisa Xiong, M.A., LMFT; Marie Capra, M.A. LMFT; Farah Hussein, M.A. LAMFT
- Cultural Barriers to Care – Sheila Sweeney Ph.D., LICSW, IMH-E; Jessica Gourneau Ph. D, LP.; Jesus Calvillo MS, LPC; Rick Laska, LICSW, CST
- Nature as Therapist: The Healing Power of Mindful Forest Bathing – Charlene Myklebust, Psy.D.
- Increasing Cannabis Use and its Effect on Psychosis – Brittany Hammond, DO; Linda Skalski, Ph.D.
- Run for your life! – The impact of physical activity experiences on children with SED – Dan Hurley, LMFT; Dick Wolleat, LICSW
The 2019 NAMI Minnesota State Conference has been approved for 5 CEU hours for social workers by the MN Board of Social Work; LPCs, LPCCs, and LADCs by the Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy; LMFTs by the MN Board of Marriage and Family Therapy; and LNHAs by the MN Board of Nursing Home Administrators. This event has been designed to meet the MN Board of Nursing’s continuing education requirements as well as the DHS continuing education requirements for Certified Peer Specialists. It is the individual licensee’s responsibility to ensure that this event meets their continuing education requirements.
This year’s conference is sponsored in part by Medica, Accra Care, MN DHS Behavioral Health Division, Minnesota Autism Center, Greater Minnesota Family Services, the Minnesota Psychiatric Society – Minnesota Mental Health Community Foundation, Radias Health, DBT & EMDR Specialists, Behavior Therapy Solutions of Minnesota, Lifeworks, Accend Services, and Vail Place.