Suicide Prevention and Support
If you or someone you know is in crisis and in need of immediate assistance, the following resources can help:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Throughout Minnesota: call **CRISIS (**274747)
- Crisis Text Line: is available for free, 24/7 by texting MN to 741741
- The Trevor Project at 866-488-7386
- Minnesota Farm & Rural Helpline at 833-600-2670
For more resources, visit our Suicide Awareness, Prevention and Support page.
Mental Health Crisis Teams
Crisis teams, made up of mental health professionals, can travel to an individual’s location and assess the situation. They provide stabilization services, intervention services, crisis prevention planning, referral to other professionals, and follow-up services.The crisis teams are available by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. NAMI members are urged to call them when someone is suicidal, psychotic, exhibiting out of control behavior, or threatening to harm themselves or others.
Call the team in your area:
- Anoka County: 763-755-3801
- Carver County: 952-442-7601
- Dakota County: 952-891-7171
- Washington County: 651-275-7400
- Ramsey County: adults – 651-266-7900, children – 651-266-7878
- Scott County: 952-818-3702
- Hennepin County: adults – 612-596-1223, children – 612-348-2233
Urgent Care for Adult Mental Health
402 University Ave. E.
St. Paul, MN
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Note: This is for Ramsey, Dakota, and Washington counties. Walk-ins welcome. Also see the East-Metro Resource Directory
Additional Crisis Resources
- Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Numbers by County
- Children’s Mental Health Crisis Response Numbers by County
- Crisis Text Line
- Metro Children’s Crisis Response Services
- Safety Plan documents and Apps
- Resources for attempt survivors and families
- Engaging People with Lived Experience: A Toolkit for Organizations
- 7 things attempt survivors wish their families and friends knew
- A Journey Toward Health & Hope (PDF): A hand book for recovery after a suicide attempt. Or to order, here.
- Suicide Survivors: Hope Lives Here: A website with resources and support for attempt survivors, and their families.
- Live though this – This is a collection of portraits and stories of suicide attempt survivors, as told by those survivors.
- A Voice at the Table: A Voice at the Table is the national “home base” for the Family & Friends emotionally impacted by the suicidal crisis of a loved one.