Suicide Prevention and Support
If you or someone you know is in crisis and in need of immediate assistance, the following resources can help:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Metro Counties (including Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott and Washington): call **CRISIS (**2-7474)
- Each County in Minnesota has a specific crisis number:
- The Trevor Project
- Crisis Text Line: Text “MN” to 741741
For more resources, visit our Suicide Awareness, Prevention and Support page.
Mental Health Crisis Teams
Crisis teams, made up of mental health professionals, can travel to an individual’s location and assess the situation. They provide stabilization services, intervention services, crisis prevention planning, referral to other professionals, and follow-up services.The crisis teams are available by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. NAMI members are urged to call them when someone is suicidal, psychotic, exhibiting out of control behavior, or threatening to harm themselves or others.
Call the team in your area:
- Anoka County: 763-755-3801
- Carver/Scott: 952-442-7601
- Dakota County: 952-891-7171
- Washington: 651-777-5222
- Ramsey County: adults – 651-266-7900, children – 651-266-7878
- Hennepin: adults – 612-596-1223, children – 612-348-2233
Urgent Care for Adult Mental Health
402 University Ave. E.
St. Paul, MN
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Note: This is for Ramsey, Dakota, and Washington counties. Walk-ins welcome.
Additional Crisis Resources
- Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Numbers by County
- Children’s Mental Health Crisis Response Numbers by County
- Crisis Text Line
- Metro Children’s Crisis Response Services