Youth Resources and Support
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES TO HELP MEET THE CHALLENGES
No matter your age or the challenges you face, resources and support are available to help you lead a full life, accomplish your goals and make your dreams come true. Below find a list of resources that can help you live well in the present while preparing for the future.
HELP IN A CRISIS
Whether you are in need of crisis services or ongoing support, help is available. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be reached at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). In a crisis, you can also use the National Textline. Text “MN” to 741741. You are not alone.
YOUTH CRISIS RESOURCES
- National Hopeline Network: 1-800-SUICIDE
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- National Textline: Text “MN” to 741741
- Throughout Minnesota call **CRISIS
- The Trevor Project for LGBTQI teens and young adults: 1-866-488-7386
- Spanish helpline: 1-877-AYUDESE
- Korean and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) helpline: 1-877-990-8585
- Minnesota Farm & Rural Helpline at 833-600-2670
- Resource Groups for Parents of Children
- Support Groups for Young Adults and Adults Living with a Mental Illness
- Support Groups for Family Members
FACT SHEETS ON CHILDHOOD GRIEF
- There are seven fact sheets available through the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) website including information for pediatric providers, families and caregivers, mental health providers, military families and personnel, the media, and school personnel. Find these NCTSN fact sheets, here.